My research interest intersects educational leadership, educational policy, social network analysis, technology, and neuroscience.
- Wang, Y. (2018). The panorama of theoretical groundings of educational leadership research 2005-2014: A concept co-occurrence network analysis. Educational Administration Quarterly.
- Wang, Y. (2017). Education policy research in the big data era: Methodological frontiers, misconceptions, and challenges. Education Policy Analysis Archives, 25(94), 1-24.
- Wang, Y., & Fikis, D. (2017). Common Core State Standards on Twitter: Public sentiment and opinion leaders. Educational Policy. Online publication first. doi: 10.1177/0895904817723739
- Wang, Y. (2017). The social networks and paradoxes of the opt-out movement amid the Common Core State Standards implementation. Education Policy Analysis Archives, 25(34), 1-27.
- Wang, Y. (2016). Getting personal! Twitter communication between school districts, superintendents, and the public. Journal of School Leadership, 26(5), 864-889.
- Wang, Y., Bowers, A. J., & Fikis, D. (2016). Automated text data mining analysis of five decades of educational leadership research literature: Probabilistic topic modeling of EAQ articles from 1965 to 2014. Educational Administration Quarterly.
- Wang, Y., Sauers, N., & Richardson, J. (2016). A social network approach to examine K-12 educational leaders’ influence on information diffusion on Twitter. Journal of School Leadership, 26(4), 495-522.
- Wang, Y., & Bowers, A. J. (2016). Mapping the field of educational administration research: A journal citation network analysis. Journal of Educational Administration, 54(3), 242-269. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/JEA-02-2015-0013
- Wang, Y. (2016). Big opportunities and big concerns of big data in education. TechTrends. doi: 10.1007/s11528-016-0072-1
- Wang, Y. (2016). U.S. State education agencies’ use of Twitter: Mission accomplished? Sage Open, 6(1), 1-12. doi: 10.1177/2158244015626492
- Jorissen, K., & Wang, Y. (2015). Focus and delivery of doctoral programs in educational leadership. International Journal of Educational Reform, 24(3), 212-232.
- Wang, Y., & Decker, J. R. (2014). Examining digital inequities in Ohio’s K-12 virtual schools: Implications for educational leaders and policymakers. International Journal of Educational Reform, 23(4), 294-314.
- Wang, Y., & Decker, J. R. (2014). Can virtual schools thrive in the real world? TechTrends, 58(6), 57-62. doi: 10.1007/s11528-014-0804-z
- Wang, Y. (2013). Social media in schools: A treasure trove or hot potato? Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership, 16(1), 83 – 91. doi: 10.1177/1555458913478424
The courses taught:
- EPEL 8620 Psychological Aspects of Leadership
- EPEL 8000 Research in Educational Leadership and Organizational Culture
- EPEL 8930 Applied Research
- EPS 8780 Social Network Analysis