I love research! My research interest intersects educational leadership, educational policy, social network analysis, and technology. My publications focus on technology in educational leadership and policy, as well as educational leadership and policy. In addition to teaching educational leadership courses, I also teach social network analysis.
Here are some of my publications:
- Wang, Y. (2017). Education policy research in the big data era: Methodological frontiers, misconceptions, and challenges. Education Policy Analysis Archives, 25(94), 1-24.
- Wang, Y., & Fikis, D. (2017). Common Core State Standards on Twitter: Public sentiment and opinion leaders. Educational Policy. Online publication first. doi: 10.1177/0895904817723739
- Wang, Y. (2017). The social networks and paradoxes of the opt-out movement amid the Common Core State Standards implementation. Education Policy Analysis Archives, 25(34), 1-27.
- Wang, Y. (2016). Getting personal! Twitter communication between school districts, superintendents, and the public. Journal of School Leadership, 26(5), 864-889.
- Wang, Y., Bowers, A. J., & Fikis, D. (2016). Automated text data mining analysis of five decades of educational leadership research literature: Probabilistic topic modeling of EAQ articles from 1965 to 2014. Educational Administration Quarterly.
- Wang, Y., Sauers, N., & Richardson, J. (2016). A social network approach to examine K-12 educational leaders’ influence on information diffusion on Twitter. Journal of School Leadership, 26(4), 495-522.
- Wang, Y., & Bowers, A. J. (2016). Mapping the field of educational administration research: A journal citation network analysis. Journal of Educational Administration, 54(3), 242-269. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/JEA-02-2015-0013
- Wang, Y. (2016). Big opportunities and big concerns of big data in education. TechTrends. doi: 10.1007/s11528-016-0072-1
- Wang, Y. (2016). U.S. State education agencies’ use of Twitter: Mission accomplished? Sage Open, 6(1), 1-12. doi: 10.1177/2158244015626492
- Jorissen, K., & Wang, Y. (2015). Focus and delivery of doctoral programs in educational leadership. International Journal of Educational Reform, 24(3), 212-232.
- Wang, Y., & Decker, J. R. (2014). Examining digital inequities in Ohio’s K-12 virtual schools: Implications for educational leaders and policymakers. International Journal of Educational Reform, 23(4), 294-314.
- Wang, Y., & Decker, J. R. (2014). Can virtual schools thrive in the real world? TechTrends, 58(6), 57-62. doi: 10.1007/s11528-014-0804-z
- Wang, Y. (2013). Social media in schools: A treasure trove or hot potato? Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership, 16(1), 83 – 91. doi: 10.1177/1555458913478424
The courses I teach:
- EPEL 8620 Psychological Aspects of Leadership
- EPEL 8000 Research in Educational Leadership and Organizational Culture
- EPEL 8930 Applied Research
- EPS 8780 Social Network Analysis